You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Is there anyway to remove ALLCAPS from a section of text that I’ve copied

So I was just trying to share a quote from some news program and I copied the transcript which of course is completely capitalized since it uses closed captioning to provide the transcript. I know there are other workarounds such as I could just type it up manuallyor I could reiterate using speech to text into another device so that it would use normal speech to text capitalization or all lowercase. But I’m trying to find a way to just transform the text on the same device after I have copied and pasted it. It seems like if you can add several different modes of capitalization by transforming it in pages then you should be able to do so in the opposite direction. But that does not seem to be offered. Does anyone have a way to do this easily?

Even a separate app would be OK, but I’m really mystified that they don’t offer it within pages or notes or within the regular system text entry software.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 7:35 AM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2024 8:01 AM in response to terriergal2

Select the content that is all capitals and from the Pages Format menu > Font > Capitalization > None. Proper nouns should remain with a leading capital, but all else should now be lowercase.

If you are looking for something like initial caps of sentences, that is not a Pages feature but is available in the free WordService product once you enable that titular named service in Keyboard Shortcuts Services you select the text content in Pages, choose that initial caps of sentences service and voila.

Is there anyway to remove ALLCAPS from a section of text that I’ve copied

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.