You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Curving text for lyrics in Final Cut Pro

How can I curve text in Final Cut Pro. I don't want the "underwater" wave feature. I want it to go on a path. I cannot update my software on my old mac to install Motion. I can only use Final Cut Pro features. Thanks in advance!!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 7:23 AM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2024 2:48 PM in response to Denae80

Could you be a little more specific about how you want to have the text follow the path AND exactly what kind of path do you want/need, and do you require a way to customize the path? (It may not be possible to provide a method for "complex" paths... so include what you would settle for.)

Can you make do with something like this free template:

https://youtu.be/hlEX3iFXVtE

(download link in description.

Using the arrow graphic is not required.

Selecting the OSCs in a Title requires changing the "Selection" tool to one of the others, like "Trim" [type the T key to switch to trim - A key to go back to Selection.]

Oct 17, 2024 3:07 PM in response to fox_m

Thank you!!! That is very similar to what I would like to do. Basically come in from the right side of the screen, follow a half circle path, then the other half circle other direction (not sure if I’m making sense). In FCP I had no tools like Motion videos I’ve seen where you can manipulate the path.

this looks like the best I can do with the old software I have. Thank you!!

Curving text for lyrics in Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.