You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Macbook Monitoring logs

We need to find out logs of past 60 days of any macbook to check if it was unlocked, files accessed, deleted, etc,... The log file must have textual data only and it shall be accessed by the Admin profile holder profile only. We do not want any cloud based or centralised architecture based solution. We need to have an agent kind of solution which gets installed or can be configured in the system and can monitor and store above mentioned data with timestamp.

For Ex: Today I am giving laptop to a new employee as a part of Onboarding task I will install this agent in Admin account and say after some days if I ask the person to give me access of his/her laptop I will be able to login to the Admin account. Once I have admin account access I will be able to access the log files which must have data in text format.

Thanks in advance

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 5:56 AM

1 reply

Macbook Monitoring logs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.