You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Download to Photos from camera, date issue

My most recent download to Photos in my Macbook Pro from my Nikon P900 camera ( photos all taken in the past week), shows all photos now dated January 1970.

It took 12 hours to move them from Recent to Library. They are there now, but what to do?

Everything done exactly the same as I have for years without any previous problems.

If I open Information about each photo they all show that 1970 date, and the type of camera but no location

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 10:30 PM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2024 1:57 AM in response to Thirdjaguar

Just to be sure as you have not mentioned it - have you checked the date settings in the camera? Sometimes the date and time might get reset, if the battery has been empty for a long time.

As a test, you may want to import a single photo from your camera using Image Capture to save it to a folder on your desktop. Then you can examine the date and time and location with Inspector in the Preview.app to see if the date and time have been embedded correctly by your camera and just Photos is not showing it correctly.

Download to Photos from camera, date issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.