You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Still having a problem with M3 Somona, connecting to Epson printer SC P900

I am still having problems in printing photos with my new Mac M3 Somona. I am using an Epson P900 printer. Error message is a communication problem. The forum solution of buying a new printer is not an option as this printer was originally very expensive. I have no problem connecting with my old Mac to the printer. I am sure Apple / Epson can come up with a workaround solution. This was previously discussed in May 2024.

iMac 24″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 8:12 PM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2024 8:51 AM in response to OldMacGebruik

Printers are such a problem-- especially older ones. They always required downloading a new driver every time there was a system update, and every brand and model seemed to use different protocols. Newer ones seem better. My Brother MFC-J480DW seems to have made the transitions without my having to do anything, but I attribute that to luck rather than design.

In any case, the new drivers are Epson's thing, and they're probably the only ones that can help.

Still having a problem with M3 Somona, connecting to Epson printer SC P900

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.