You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I create a two to a page flyer in Pages?

How do I create a two to a page flyer in Pages? I.e., I would print it landscape and cut the page so I got two of the same flyers out of one page.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 6:11 PM

5 replies

Oct 18, 2024 9:23 PM in response to DaisyDog24

We do not know if you are using Pages on a Mac computer, iPad or iPhone,

or

which version of Pages you use:

If experienced: For a professional looking flyer: you could look online for a tutorial.

If inexperienced: For a simple, quick method:

Generally, you could begin by choosing a blank landscape template.

Design your flyer on one half of the template

Print two copies.

Cut one of the copies in half and paste the "cut" flyer beside the flyer on the other printout.

Now you have a "master" copy and can photocopy as many of the two side-by-side flyers as you wish.

Else: Pages Support website has tips and user guides:

Pages - Official Apple Support

Oct 19, 2024 3:58 PM in response to DaisyDog24

Am no expert myself. It is not easy to guess your level of expertise, or which details you need, and to convey what is needed within the limitations of this messaging method ...

This video Is from a while ago, yet the second part of it deals with arranging text boxes on a page. Using a landscape page, you might create the flyer in one text box, and copy / paste it into a second text box beside it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msdldTI2LGc

Re: " ... it seems odd that Pages wouldn’t have a more straightforward solution"

There's a User Guide for Mac "Pages", with a handy "Table of Contents" revealing various topics that lead to detailed articles:

You can also use the "search" field to quickly access detailed info.

Pages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Oct 21, 2024 3:49 PM in response to DaisyDog24

Thank you for your thoughtful replies, and your patience! There is quite a learning-curve in getting familiar with Pages ... also, there are often several ways in which any particular project may be accomplished.

Apple also serves the professional and creative community with "Pages" software. Sometimes people may tailor things to suit their own way of working.

("Text Edit" is the simpler software, although less professional in results).

There are third-party (non-Apple) "Pages" tutorials for beginners online, although I didn't see one for your particular project either.

You may want to send a "feature-request" to Apple. (You have the option to select "feature-request" from the "Feedback-type" menu) Although it will not help you right now, if others are making a similar request, we may see a suitable template appear in a future "Pages" update.

Web-form for feedback / feature requests: Feedback - Pages - Apple

(12 minute) Third-party tutorial with overview of what you can do in Pages:

The fundamentals covered at the beginning may be useful in getting started.

00:00 Introduction 

00:37 Create and Open Documents 

01:02 Interface and Doc Options 

01:38 Headers & Footers 

01:55 Document Body 

02:20 Format Panel - Style 

03:36 Format Panel - Layout 

04:16 The Ruler

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npl7GVwhN0s

Much longer tutorial (1:40:54): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EkJ1POk_ZI

Again: You can choose which topics you want to view:

Eg: Paper Size and Orientation 13:50 

Document Margins 15:16

Oct 21, 2024 12:59 PM in response to brbo

Ok, thank you. I’ll have a look at the user guide. I have zero level of expertise. That’s why I can’t figure out how to do it ;-) But I’ll just reiterate that Apple should have a much more straightforward method for this question. There would be many many people out there who don’t want a full page flyer and many cases where only a half page flyer is needed - like putting them on the windshield of a car in this case 😉

How do I create a two to a page flyer in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.