You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Can I use mainstage projects that are created on 3.6.6 on an older macbook running 3.6.4?

Hi all,

I have a mid 2015 macbook pro running Monterey and want to purchase a new MacBook pro with Apple silicon, running Sequoia. My older MacBook can only use MainStage 3.6.4 and the new MacBook will want to install 3.6.6. When I load a MainStage project on my new MacBook that was created on 3.6.4, will this convert to an upgraded file version for 3.6.6 and then be unusable on my older MacBook? I want to keep my older MacBook as a back up for live gigs but if the projects won't be able to be read by both MacBooks and interchangeable, I'll need to rethink my plans,

I have some samples loaded into patches, but mostly I use the supplied voices and edit the elements within the plugins as required, so wouldn't necessarily be using any of the newer features, meaning that the projects could potentially work on both machines. The reason for updating my MacBook is more geared to using logic 11 and increasing my RAM for FCP projects as well as speed of processing tasks.

I had a similar problem with video files in FCPx that, when I updated the app, it wanted to upgrade the project files too so that they were fully compatible with the newest version of FCPx, but I couldn't then open them on an older MacBook.

Many thanks for your answers and advice...

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 4:27 PM

There are no replies.

Can I use mainstage projects that are created on 3.6.6 on an older macbook running 3.6.4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.