You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Password Sharing Breaks Password Syncing

I recently migrated to Apple's Passwords app. Passwords synced fine across my three Apple devices (not counting my watch). I then set up a password sharing group on my Intel MBP running Sequoia. I selected all of my 300+ passwords to be shared—or so I thought; more on that below. My passwords continued to sync fine between the MBP and my iPhone running iOS 18. My third Apple device is a 2017 iMac running Ventura which cannot be upgraded further. After creating the shared passwords group, the iMac only shows four or five passwords. On a hunch, I discovered that those four or five passwords are ones that I inadvertently omitted from the password sharing group. It looks like the shared passwords won't display on this older Mac. Turning iCloud password syncing on and off and restarting haven't helped. Ideas, anyone?

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 3:58 PM

There are no replies.

Password Sharing Breaks Password Syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.