You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

pages document got deleted on pages app

I was working on a document and by accident I hit delete. and now the document on pages app is completely deleted. I need that restored

MacBook Air, macOS 12.5

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 11:46 AM

1 reply

Oct 16, 2024 12:15 PM in response to kausar80

If you are in a Pages document, whether you have manually saved it once (enabling autosave), or have not, and you delete content, then without exiting Pages, you can press cmd+Z to undo the delete action and recover the deleted content.

If you had manually saved the document once and deleted either its content, or the document, then as long as you have a Time Machine backup to an external drive, and the file existed during the backup process, then you have the means to recover that Pages document either in whole or in part from the backup.

If you had not manually saved the Pages document, deleted content, and quit Pages, then all of that document content is permanently lost.

pages document got deleted on pages app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.