You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple charges from my ex wife's Apple ID

My ex wife is making Apple purchases (Apple TV and storage) using her personal Apple ID but the charges are going to my credit card and neither of us can work out why it's happening as she appears to be using her own card on her account.

We have a Family set up for our two kids (of which I am the 'organiser') so we're wondering if it's something to do with that? But we can't find out where and how to change it.

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 8:56 AM

2 replies

Oct 16, 2024 9:59 AM in response to ReelAnt

If you have a Family Sharing group set up and she is part of it, then anything she buys will be charged to the family Organizer's account, as that is how Family Sharing works.

To stop this, she can either make sure she was Apple Account balance on her Apple ID from gift cards, or you have to turn off Purchase Sharing so purchases she makes are charged to her payment method.

Do note, purchase Sharing is a global setting, not per user, so you would also be turning it off for the children.

click here ➜ How to share apps and purchases with your family - Apple Support

Apple charges from my ex wife's Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.