You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

What should I do if my Apple Gift Card was redeemed without my consent?

I bought gift card today and sent it to my friend. It went straight to him want to use it. He can’t use it because it already been used and I called Apple and they said it redeemed after I bought it and I bought it online. Send it straight to him they refuse to do anything because it’s already been used and they know it wasn’t used by the person who bought it because she looked online and seen that it wasn’t and she said she was gonna walk out her account. There’s the closer account down, but that doesn’t help me, there is no recourse and there should be some recourse especially when they know that you person purchasing it didn’t use it. This is Service Apple. I’ve had several cards that has people stolen them and use them. They need to do something and they need to stand the product and they don’t. They don’t at all. I’ve lost a lot of money on gift cards. I hate gift cards one thing I’m the only thing I can do is use gift cards so now I’m out by $50. I have no way to get $50 and I’m in trouble , I don’t know what to do

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 7:12 AM

1 reply

Oct 16, 2024 7:18 AM in response to Beckysnyd

Please follow the steps in this Apple Support article. 

If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

If after reviewing the article, and following the directions in the article, you need additional assistance please follow the link below to contact official Apple Support. 

Contact Apple Gift Card Support

If you receive a request for payment using Apple Cash, or If you believe you are the victim of a scam, please contact Apple Support and report it to local law enforcement.

You may also report the scam to the FTC Complaint Assistant.

What should I do if my Apple Gift Card was redeemed without my consent?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.