You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Bugs in the Reminders app (or annoying coding)

I only started using reminders a couple of weeks before iOS 18. Here are three annoying bugs that should be fixed:

• I selected a bunch of reminders with a tag and then went to delete the tag. It removed the tag from the reminders, but guess what the tag still shows in the tag list. I can’t delete or rename it, it’s just stuck there. And I have nothing selected anywhere in the ecosystem with that tag.

• I have most my reminders set to 11pm rather than all day because I want to see them below my scheduled calendar events in the calendar app. But if I do that I don’t get a “reminder count” in the today list (nothing to do with the red badge count which I do get). I have also got a smart list with “today” and the reminder count also doesn’t show. What I’ve come across is that you don’t get a reminder count in a list with “today” unless the time of day reaches at least one reminder with a set time (eg I don’t get a count until 6am unless one reminder is set to 6am). I don’t have “all day reminders” so don’t know how this is affected. So I have a floating reminder set to 6am (called “bug fix”) which I move forward every day.

• I share a list with my wife. If I delete a reminder in the shared list, it still shows in her calendar. Yes I’ve refreshed, reinstalled, reset and all that. But they still show in her calendar.

Anyone else have these bugs?

iPad Air, iPadOS 18

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 6:21 AM

There are no replies.

Bugs in the Reminders app (or annoying coding)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.