You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Keynote 14.2 on a Mac Mini M2 Pro with Sequoia 15.0.1 won't append my recordings anymore

Hi everyone,

First, please, excuse my poor English !

So, I have a one slide Keynote presentation with texts that show on and off in sync with what I am saying and my problem is that if I make a mistake and want to record my mistake and keep going, everything looks like it's working but in the end there is no re-recording. The counter shows the correct time but if I click anywhere in the track, the indicator goes back to the end of the first recording and nothing is recorded after that (I can't navigate after the end of the firt recording).

Each time I delete the recording and start a new one, it works but if I stop the recording and want to keep record afterward, everything seems to work but in reality, it won't and after I stop the recording, it will always take me at the end of the first recorded part.

I tried rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling Keynote but nothing solved my problem.

Also, each time I close my presentation and reload it in Keynote, I have a warning saying the mov file (I assumed the one in the making before exportation) is possibly damaged and cannot be found.

Keynote worked flawlessly on this computer before and I don't think the update from Sonoma to Sequoia caused that as after the update, Keynote still worked fine.

Does anyone experienced this kind of problem before and if so, is there anything I can do to solve it ?

Mac mini, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 5:43 AM

2 replies

Keynote 14.2 on a Mac Mini M2 Pro with Sequoia 15.0.1 won't append my recordings anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.