You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Search in Photos doesn't work anymore after upgrade to Sequoia

Since I upgraded to Sequoia, searching Photos on my Mac with a keyword or date doesn't work anymore. When I type the first letter in the search box, the display immediately says "Nothing found" (in Dutch). On my iPhone (IOS 17.6.1) it still works properly.

I then manually added a label to one photo, and that is the only result turning up. It seems that the search function itself works, but all the metadata, labels and face recognition from my library are gone.

What can I do to solve this?

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 1:55 AM

4 replies

Oct 20, 2024 11:17 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Keith Barkley wrote:

Often, you need to give it a few days or a week or so to catch up.
If you think that you have waited an inordinately long time, and are brave, you can try this solution:
keyword search stopped working in Photos - Apple Community

I tested this fix on one of my smaller test libraries and it worked there very well.

I have not yet tried it on my System Photos Library that is syncing iCloud Photos, have you?

Having to restore a large iCloud Photos Library from a backup, if something should go wrong, is an expensive fix.

Search in Photos doesn't work anymore after upgrade to Sequoia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.