You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Taking RAW photos with iPhone 12 Pro camera. Also uploading to Lightroom.

1. After updating to IOS 18 I am running into occasional photos that take and then I watch as they turn black in the camera roll. It says Unable to Upload. Upload where? To the Photos app perhaps. I keep my original photos on my phone until I upload by cord to my PC and Lightroom and then delete. I do use iCloud. I shoot RAW. This does not happen to every photo. I have never experienced this, and it started over the weekend. This is not an iCloud space issue, there is nearly 150 Gb free. This is an issue sending the photo to the Photos app.
  2. My other issue has to do with the uploading to Lightroom (updated Windows 11 PC). When I connect, Lightroom has a problem reading all of the photos. Currently I have 289 photos. (Let’s not talk about the 100’s of ghost photos that are still on my phone.) At about photo 31 it halts, tries to read and then the rest of the icons say preview unavailable. After 3 to 5 times of reconnecting, sometimes opening up the iTunes app on my computer, Lightroom can read all the photos and download. Again, in the many years I have been doing this process, it started after the IOS 18 update.

I am very experienced with troubleshooting computer issues, so no I do not need to restart my computer, my phone, or my applications. Every app and device have also been updated. I am guessing this is some kind of coding error in the new Photos app. I would like more information about that.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 8:51 AM

1 reply

Taking RAW photos with iPhone 12 Pro camera. Also uploading to Lightroom.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.