You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable to open Pages documents after updating my iMac to Monterey 12.7.6

Hello there, I recently updated our iMac (late 2015) to Monterey 12.7.6

Since doing this I have been unable to open all my Pages documents - this is a disaster. I assume that Monterey does not support the old version of Pages...do I have to revert the whole system back to an older OS or is there a way around this.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 4:53 AM

1 reply

Oct 15, 2024 5:11 AM in response to spamsend

If you installed Pages from the Mac App Store since Oct 2013, then it is possible to obtain the last compatible version (13.1) of Pages for Monterey 12.7.6. Otherwise, your option may be Peggy's response in Pages app, and the lack of ability to dow… - Apple Community or using Pages for iCloud. Like Peggy, I have not tested that approach.

The last version of macOS to support Pages '09 was macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

If you did install Pages v5 or later per the first paragraph, then launch the Mac App Store in macOS Monterey, and sign in with the same Apple ID you used to install Pages previously. Then press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased panel. Pages would appear there with the means to download the last compatible version for Monterey. You may see one or more dialogs and do not click Cancel on either.

Understand that Apple did not base Pages v5 (10/2013) or later on Pages '09 features or functionality, so you will be dealing with a different application in Pages v13.1. The document architecture also changed so you cannot just open Pages v5 or later documents in Pages '09. I would strongly recommend that you back up all of your Pages '09 documents and only open copies of them in the newer Pages applications as the documents will get converted to the new document standard. Same is true for all other current Pages implementations on iCloud, iOS, and iPadOS. There is a means to export to Pages '09 format, but stripping out features unique to the current Pages application.

Unable to open Pages documents after updating my iMac to Monterey 12.7.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.