You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Nothing is downloading from icloud on photos app

hello,

it’s been 2 days since i started having this problem.

i use the keep the “optimize iphone storage” feature that basically leaves a “shortcut” of the photo/video on my iphone whilst the full version is on icloud.

now when i click on any photo/video, i see the download bar but it’s bot advancing even 10 minutes later. Although i have access to very fast internet so that’s not the problem.

with Apple avoiding true support services for their apps or making a maze out of their support app, i really need feedback on this please

iPhone 15, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 4:53 PM

1 reply

Oct 15, 2024 8:19 AM in response to Rdddd

When I click on a picture it pops up and fills the screen immediately, because screen-sized images are stored on my phone. When I hit Edit, a little circle appears and fills, and then the picture is available in Edit mode. I don't see a "download bar." Are you referring to that little circle?

Can you tell us exactly what's happening that different from what I see? I wish you had included details instead of the little rant about Apple. On that subject: while I agree that, like almost every company for the last few years, the support site menus can be worse than the wait music when phoning the plumber, when I've called Apple Support and talked with someone, they have always been friendly and helpful.

Nothing is downloading from icloud on photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.