You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Scammed out of my Apple Gift Card

I was scammed out of my Apple gift card, so I reached out to the store where it was purchased, and they directed me to contact Apple. After getting in touch with Apple Support, I was connected to a Senior Advisor who requested proof of purchase and a police report, both of which I provided promptly and accurately. The advisor was able to locate the funds associated with my gift card, reverse the transaction, and disable the card. He assured me the case would be submitted for approval so I could receive a refund. However, my request was denied, and to make matters worse, my Apple ID was also disabled, despite providing all necessary documentation and meeting the requirements.

It’s frustrating that Apple places customers in such difficult situations. Why would they deny a refund request even after providing proof of purchase, a police report, and an FTC report?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 10:52 AM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2024 11:21 AM in response to ROLLAND007

In most cases users never get their money back when they are the victim of a gift card scam. If there were funds left on the card, they could possibly freeze the funds, but in most cases when you are scammed those funds are spent immediately. Gift Cards offer no protections against fraud like you would find with a Visa or Mastercard transactions. It is recommended to contact the police, report to FTC and also to Apple, but none of those options mean you will get your money back. This is true for all companies that offer Gift Cards, not just Apple.

About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support

Scammed out of my Apple Gift Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.