You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Changing default margins for a Pages Booklet

Is it possible to change the default margin settings for a booklet? I am trying to produce a 24-page double-sided booklet in landscape setting. I will fold and staple down the middle with a long armed stapler.

My problem is that the TOP and BOTTOM MARGINS are too big and I'd like to reduce them so I can make the printed body area larger. I have changed the margin settings to zero; I have unchecked 'constrain proportions'. Most of my pages are tables, so I have even experimented with Width and Height in the Format/Arrange menu, to no avail. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 4:16 AM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2024 11:14 PM in response to PalmTreeMary19

Hi PalmTreeMary19,

weklcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "Changing default margins for a Pages Booklet: My problem is that the TOP and BOTTOM MARGINS

are too big and I'd like to reduce them so I can make the printed body area larger."

See Apple Support's online article for a word-processing document:

Set document margins in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

Eg: says:

If you’re working in a word processing document, you can set the top, bottom, left and right document margins.

In a page layout document, you set margins for headers and footers.

Your settings apply to the whole document.

Re: "I have changed the margin settings to zero; I have unchecked 'constrain proportions'"

In a page layout document: There may be space allocated at top and bottom for headers and footers:

You may need to delete headers and footers if any are set:

Eg: Apple Support's article: Add and remove headers and footers in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

says:

"Turning headers or footers off, removes the content from all headers and footers in your document.

1. In the Document  sidebar, click the Document tab.
  2. Deselect the Header or Footer tick box.

Note: If you change your mind, press Command-Z on your keyboard to add the deleted text back.

Simply selecting the tick box again won’t retrieve the deleted text."

All the best :-)

Changing default margins for a Pages Booklet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.