You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Did the iTunes Preference List File store settings of Wifi Sync and which device it was synced to?

I pulled out the internal hard disk from a very old Macbook 2009, which ran MacOS 10.5.8. I threw away the macbook since it was long dead, but I can see all the files on the hard disk by connecting to a newer macbook. I want to know if there's anyway I can see which devices were synced to the Macbook via iTunes if any, and what the syncing settings looked like. For example was the Sync over Wifi option enabled? Are these settings stored on the iTunes Preference list or elsewhere?

Also from what I have read, browsing old posts on this community, Sync over Wifi in iTunes required MacOS 10.6.8 at minimum for iTunes 10.6. But I'd like to confirm it for the latest iTunes version that could run on my old Mac which was iTunes 10.6.3 which was on my old Mac. If anyone could confirm that even on iTunes 10.6.3 Sync over Wifi was not available on OS 10.5.8, that would be awesome! I know it's a long shot, but thank you in advance.

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 12:19 AM

There are no replies.

Did the iTunes Preference List File store settings of Wifi Sync and which device it was synced to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.