You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Interesting happenings on Pages

This just happened to me.

I was reading a book with Pages and I wanted to look up something in the appendix. Naturally, I first checked the page number I was on, both in thumbnails and actual and went to do my check. Scrolling down the thumbnail pane something happened causing the mouse to click in an open space and I am suddenly looking at page 1 of the story. I just scroll down to look at what I was looking for, I put the appendix at the beginning, then paged down the thumbnail pane and clicked on the page I want and up pops page 12 instead of 338. I performed this several time just to be sure it was not something one off and tried to close the document. This gave me an error message about saving which I did not want to do because of the circumstances. It would not allow the closure of the document. giving some innoculous error message that I did not wirte down(BAD BOY). Without thinking about it, I just did a HARD REBOOT by forcing the computer to shut down then restarted. I brought up pages and used "Previous document" to bring up the same document I was reading and the thumbnail went right to the page I wanted. The reason for the difference in the numbers is the document is set up as same manner of most books with the beginning of chapter 1 being a Section break and the table of contents set for that to be the document page 1.

Anyone else encounter something like this?

I thought later it would probably have been better to do just a force quit of Pages BUT frame of mine interviened.

WGB

iPad, iPadOS 18

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 1:46 PM

There are no replies.

Interesting happenings on Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.