You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

install previous version of iTunes

On my new Windows 11 computer, I can see the music that I have in iTunes, but they will not play because

they are not in the latest iTunes version. they are in iTunes Library 2023-01-31.itl. I tried installing that version without success.

I tired to find the interfering file that has been posted on this site, but I do not have it.

How do I install the iTunes Library 2023-01-31.itl ?

Windows

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 1:05 PM

1 reply

Oct 16, 2024 1:57 PM in response to normanfromdavidson

See my response to your other thread: cannot install the correct iTunes file - Apple Community. Just to be clear you can switch between different .itl files by holding down Shift as you launch iTunes. A dated library file such as that shown is likely to be a backup made during a previous update to iTunes that made some sort of change to the internal structure of the database. Going back to this file now will likely lose all changes made since that date, unless by chance it has in fact been your active library since that time.

tt2

install previous version of iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.