You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

mid 2012 what connects the wifi ribbon to the motherboard

What connects the Wi-Fi ribbon to the motherboard?

Chromecast,

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 10:55 AM

7 replies

Oct 15, 2024 1:45 PM in response to 6172719017

6172719017 wrote:

What is soldered to the motherboard that connects the wi fi ribbon on a macbook pro may twenty twelve

For the laptop, there are two different versions.....the Retina and non-Retina models.

For the non-Retina model, the WiFi card connects to a board/cable next to the Optical Drive. That board/cable goes to the Logic Board.

For the Retina model, I believe the WiFi card attaches to the I/O Board. Then one of the cables connecting the I/O Board to Logic Board will handle the data flow.

There are some guides online which may show these parts, but we are not permitted to link to such sites.

You may want to review the following article when asking for assistance online since like the others mentioned, you have left out a lot of information & details...the quality & relevance of our replies are directly proportional to the information provided by the user.

Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question - Apple Community

Oct 13, 2024 12:54 PM in response to Allan Jones

in the Mac Pro 2012 42 lb silver tower, the wifi cards is in a tiny slot on the mainboard. The antenna leads clip onto that board. the board is located behind the slide-out processor module. There is no ribbon cable involved:

the hookup for Bluetooth is MUCH more convoluted, involving a different antenna module, another card, and a micro-USB connector.there is no ribbon cable on that side either.

mid 2012 what connects the wifi ribbon to the motherboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.