You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Sync issues between iPhone 15 to iTunes on Windows 11 PC.

Trying to sync iPhone 15 to iTunes on Windows 11 PC. Do not see the phone icon on iTunes when I connect the phone to USB. I have Apple Music on phone - do I need Apple Music on the PC instead of iTunes?

Also, my PC is running Windows 11, but on my phone it showing my PC as a device running Windows 10. I've deleted that off and reauthorized the PC but still showing that way. Not sure if this is a factor.

I've followed many checklists to try and solve this issue - is someone else able to help?

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 5:47 AM

5 replies

Oct 15, 2024 8:42 AM in response to Ginnyred

Ginnyred wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I found my Apple device listed under Portable Devices and It is telling me that my Apple device driver is using the correct version. However, I decided to follow your directions and update it manually per 4-8 of the instructions. When I got to step 9, I see no Apple folder under the Common Files of either Program Files or Program Files (x86). Should I uninstall iTunes and reinstall it? If so, do I lose the music that is loaded to it?

Yes, try reinstalling or uninstalling and then reinstalling iTunes. If possible run the installer as admin and temporarily disable any AV software in case that is interfering with the installation. Your library remains intact, but may not be readable if you install an older build of iTunes. See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows Updates - Apple Community and/or Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community if needed.

tt2

Oct 13, 2024 9:04 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your reply. I found my Apple device listed under Portable Devices and It is telling me that my Apple device driver is using the correct version. However, I decided to follow your directions and update it manually per 4-8 of the instructions. When I got to step 9, I see no Apple folder under the Common Files of either Program Files or Program Files (x86). Should I uninstall iTunes and reinstall it? If so, do I lose the music that is loaded to it?

Sync issues between iPhone 15 to iTunes on Windows 11 PC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.