You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

What should I do If I receive the wrong iMac model?

Mars 2018 i ordered a iMac but i get one from 2017 så I was not able to upgrade to sonoma. I going to bye me a new iMac from (2024) but you need to promiss me i got one from 2024 and not one from 2017

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 11:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 9:27 AM

Computers are not automobiles. I ordered a bespoke iMac 5k in October of 2018. The current and only model was the 2017.

Production information embedded in the new computer showed it was made the week of Oct 22, 2018, and it arrived on my porch at the end of October. Can't get much newer than that.

5 replies

Oct 11, 2024 11:54 PM in response to KalleSilver77

This forum is a user to user forum, Apple does NOT read or participate in it. You need to go to Apple’s website and contact the online store.

Also, when you purchased your last Mac in 2018 the 2017 models were current as there was no iMac release in 2018. Therefore when you last purchased you got the most up to date model that was available at that time.

Kind regards.

Oct 12, 2024 7:40 AM in response to KalleSilver77

Apple released the current iMacs – the 24" M3 models – in November 2023.

There is a M4 chip out, but so far it has only shown up in the iPad Pro. Presumably it would be trivial for Apple to build a 24" M4 iMac around it, but none of us know if and when they will. (Apple never released a 24" M2 iMac – they kept the M1 model around for two and a half years, then jumped straight to the M3.)

What should I do If I receive the wrong iMac model?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.