You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

My wife is unable to access Apple Music through Family Sharing

We have the family plan and it shows that I’m sharing it with my wife but she can’t use hers. I have a case id she was chatting with someone else 10*****26

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 7:09 PM

1 reply

Oct 16, 2024 11:28 PM in response to Mc_2019

Re: My wife is unable to access Apple Music through Family Sharing

We have the family plan and it shows that I’m sharing it with my wife but she can’t use hers.

Seems your wife would have automatic access to your Apple music family subscription when added to Family Music / family sharing. Share Apple and App Store subscriptions with family members on iPhone - Apple Support

In the Music app, everyone has their own Library to which they add the music of their choice.

(If she hasn't already, your wife may want to try logging in to the Musiuc app, and accessing her account.)

What to do: If you can't find your family's shared content - Apple Support

If purchase-sharing is turned on, the family organiser pays for purchases:

See: How to download apps and content that your family members purchased - Apple Support

If any previous purchases she has made are not already in the Music Library:

For help re-downloading previous purchases: See: Redownload music - Apple Support

Re: "I have a case id she was chatting with someone else 10*****26"

We are all Apple users, like yourself in the community, so Apple is not here.

Your wife may be able to log-in to "My Support" and use the case id to see if her case info. has been updated.

My Support - Official Apple Support

Music Support Website (info. / support / contact options etc.):

Music - Official Apple Support

My wife is unable to access Apple Music through Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.