You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple dictate

Apple dictate on my 2013 laptop and desktop, running Catalina 10.15.7 have become laughably unusable.

Pronouns are switched and just enough key words are obliterated that anything spoken is rendered laughably illogical. The software will capture and render the sentence correctly, think about it, then either delete half of it or change it to something close to nonsense. Often it will delete half the settings then will not record another thing.

It wasn't like this before, and now it is. This started in early 2014,it has gotten so bad that dictate, my very valuable educational companion, is no longer trustworthy.

I have the automatic update functions turned off and yet somehow Apple has changed something in my computer. At any rate the changes that are made to a perfectly spoken, or corrected sentence are mis-corrected after I hit enter. So there is no way to do anything but sit there with egg on my face if I am posting too, for instance my college online course question entry fields if they have the edit function turned off, which they often do.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 9:00 AM

There are no replies.

Apple dictate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.