You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Find My LIVE function not working

Both my husband and I have iPhone7 with IOS 15.8.3. Since

the new IOS 18 came out for others that can use that the LIVE function on Find

My no longer works for us. I finds one another but no LIVE. I have tried

un-sharing, stopped and started family sharing. All location sharing/location services

settings are on-shut them off and back

on. Oddly, I have one friend who has a newer iPhone(lives 2200 miles away) that

location shared with me DOES have LIVE on my phone but not each other on the

older iPhone 7 (that live together). Is this feature no longer available to

iPhone IOS 15.8.3 users?

As additional information, after it finds the person it

will only update the location every like 3 minutes but never on LIVE. I have

also driven to other parts of town where I guarantee 5 bars on Verizon and it

behaves the same..my husband and I cannot get the Find My to go LIVE.

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 5:02 AM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2024 1:00 PM in response to oldbobjr

I have kept trying to redo all settings for Family sharing and shared our locations by email and phone number with out success..LIVE will not come on for us. I even signed out of iCloud on one iPhone but no success for that either. I, however, have found a setting that might help someone who can help me. I if go to Settings>tap my name on top and on that screen in the lower section there is a list of devices that I assume are authorized or once used . Oddly on both our iPhone7's if you click on the opposite persons iPhone, it says Find My is set to OFF and have never been backed up even tho Find My is on and it have been backed up. Yet a bit lower there is a line that says this device is trusted and can receive Apple ID verification codes.

I do not know if it is safe to Remove the device as I do not know how to put it back on.

Any suggestions?

Oct 18, 2024 9:11 AM in response to oldbobjr

So it does seem this feature is no longer available to IOS 15.8.3 users. If I add a person that has a newer IOS the LIVE works but not for any older IOS users. Deplorable that Apple forces you to spend $1000 on new phone to continue all its features. There are lots of offers for free phones but not if you are older or have only 2 phones so I guess our generation is out of Apple wanted reach

Find My LIVE function not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.