You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

To follow up on the linked thread, I am just trying to update an iPad, and it is telling me to connect to iTunes but my iMac is Ventura OS. How do I proceed without wiping iPad?

Here is the original thread I wanted to post under: I am unable to download iTunes. my mac is… - Apple Community

I get that I can not use Itunes after whatever Mojave OS, but the ipad is telling me to use itunes. I went to the itunes store in Apple music, and to Finder, but after plugging the iPad into the iMac - 2017, 21.5 inch with ddr4, the machine does not recognize the iPad. How do I proceed without wiping this iPad and restoring it? Nothing comes up in finder, nothing comes up in Apple Music under Itunes store, and the app store wont even let me download Apple Configurator because the version is not new enough to work with configurator. Does anyone know how to update this?

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 12:17 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2024 12:49 PM in response to UAUSouthBeachCS

The following are the instructions for updating an iPad (when you can't do it wirelessly) when using a Mac computer that is too new to use iTunes: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder - Apple Support

That support article includes a link to the following instructions that may help: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

To follow up on the linked thread, I am just trying to update an iPad, and it is telling me to connect to iTunes but my iMac is Ventura OS. How do I proceed without wiping iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.