You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

My AOL Email Account Passwords are periodically Removed from My iPhone & iMac. Hacking? Or Systemic Issue? Any Solutions?

In the past 4 weeks, I've been getting push notifications on my iPhone/iMac that I need to re-enter my passwords. I check my AOL passwords and sure enough they are "missing" and I have to reenter the passwords. Curiously, my husband's AOL password is never affected (on the same AOL account). Is this a systemic issue or is some hacker(s) creating havoc and mischief with my iPhone & other devices? I also received notification that some of my personal information has been reported on the dark web. What should I do? Do I need to have a professional to check out my iPhone and iMac & remove any malware? Should I change my email addresses and phone number?

I appreciate any guidance the community can provide!

iMac 24″

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 5:33 PM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2024 10:57 AM in response to Shadowfax500

Mac's Mail App is not as modern as iOS's Mail app, Many eMail providers now require a separate App Password different from your eMail password…

SoloImac’s solution…

How to get around redirect_uri: urn:ietf:… - Apple Community

Then you may need Ways to securely access AOL Mail…

https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in

One cure for AOL, thanks to, mafromMA…

Error messages on iCal - Apple Community

Thanks to dofharts, it worked for many…

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254879377?answerId=259263400022#259263400022

Oct 9, 2024 6:45 PM in response to kZainun

Thank you for your reply, however, it does not address the substance of my inquiry.

The issue is my saved passwords for autofill on my AOL email address are periodically erased & I have to re-enter the passwords. I want to know if hacker(s) are wrecking havoc & mischief or if this is some other issue. I want to know if it sounds like I have malware & what to do? Do I need a professional to remove malware. My email & mobile phone number is listed on the dark web. Do I need to change my phone number and/or email addresses?

My AOL Email Account Passwords are periodically Removed from My iPhone & iMac. Hacking? Or Systemic Issue? Any Solutions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.