You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Mail osx: offline mail account folders don't upload to iCloud

Hi there,

on my Macbook I used to sync an IMAP account from Gmail that is now not active anymore. The account was set to download all the attachments therefore I can see and read all the emails and relative attachments even now that is offline.

I would like to have such emails sync on all my devices and tried to move the contents on iCloud but I'm encountering problems.

What I did:

• Created a folder in iCloud and copied the content from the offline account to the new folder. Result: th folder in created in iCloud but the content not uploaded;

• Tried to move the content to the new folder in iCloud but no success: folder is there but empty;

• Tried to move the folder to 'on My Mac' (with the purpose to transit there and upload to iCloud after) but content of the emails is empty and no attachments;

• Tried to export the mailbox but when I reimport in Mail osx some mails are missing as well as all the attachments;

In short: it seems that all the emails and content are there stored in a sort of cache of Mail app but there's no way to move to iCloud.

Anyone can help me on this?

Thanks!

m.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 15.1

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 9:41 AM

There are no replies.

Mail osx: offline mail account folders don't upload to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.