You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iTunes for Windows crashes when searching long playlist with music and podcasts

I have a pretty big library (around 16,000 items) that includes a lot of podcasts, locally stored music files, and songs from Apple Music. I have a smart playlist that pulls in the songs and podcasts together so that I can search them at the same time (you couldn't do this without a playlist because they're different media types in iTunes). When I search the full library, iTunes is prone to locking up. If there is a song playing, it keeps playing, but iTunes becomes unresponsive. It "freezes up" and won't respond to any clicks anywhere in the UI. I have to kill iTunes from the Windows task manager and restart it.

I believe this may be connected to the size of the library. I created a shorter smart playlist that cuts out everything added before two years ago. This playlist is about 3400 items long and also includes podcasts, locally stored music files, and Apple music songs. I haven't had this locking up-while-searching issue while searching this playlist.

Windows

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 8:52 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes for Windows crashes when searching long playlist with music and podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.