You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Calendar App Crashes on Opening After Upgrade to MacOS 15.0.1

Approximately 24 hours AFTER upgrading to MacOS 15.0.1 my Apple Calendar app will no longer successfully load.

Click Icon --> App window opens, but there is no content there (see screenshot) --> approximately 3 seconds of beachball --> App crashes/closes. Yesterday I was getting an option to report the issue, but today I'm not.

So far I have tried the following with no improvement:

• Restart
  • Boot in Safe Mode
  • Turn off iCloud Calendar sync

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 8:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 3:54 PM

This just worked for me - read off of Reddit:

I was able to fix this on the mac by turning off calendar syncing in iCloud under System Settings.

System Settings -> Internet Accounts -> iCloud in the "Save to iCloud" section select "See All" and then turn off Calendar.

Calendar should be able to open up without crashing. I'd wait like 10 minutes and then turn the iCloud syncing back on (if you want). Then just close calendar and re-open to make sure that it doesn't crash again.

Everything works now.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2024 3:54 PM in response to jakebaldridge

This just worked for me - read off of Reddit:

I was able to fix this on the mac by turning off calendar syncing in iCloud under System Settings.

System Settings -> Internet Accounts -> iCloud in the "Save to iCloud" section select "See All" and then turn off Calendar.

Calendar should be able to open up without crashing. I'd wait like 10 minutes and then turn the iCloud syncing back on (if you want). Then just close calendar and re-open to make sure that it doesn't crash again.

Everything works now.

Oct 16, 2024 2:18 AM in response to jakebaldridge

I've tried all the suggestions apart from a full reinstall of Sequoia - including removing subscribed calendars - and no luck. As soon as the iCloud sync is turned back on it lasts for about 15 seconds before crashing out.

I only have a couple of ical calendars so not much option for turning them off if I actually want a useful calendar :-(

Really, really unimpressed with the level of quality coming out from Apple at the moment

Oct 20, 2024 11:50 PM in response to jakebaldridge

I am experiencing the same issue, however mine seems to be linked to my external monitor (Dell S2421HN). If I open the calendar app on my main screen (MacBook) it works fine. As soon as I drag the app to the external monitor, then the beachballs twirls for about 5 seconds and the app crashes (producing the error log). If I reopen the app on my main screen it opens / works fine again.

Calendar App Crashes on Opening After Upgrade to MacOS 15.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.