You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

“Recently deleted” photos file is missing.

After downloading ios software 18 in my iPhone 13, in “Photos” the “recently deleted” photos file has disappeared. Why is it? Earlier, the “Photos” App was good, easy and user friendly. Now it is very bad indeed in so many ways. Even downloading software 18.1.0 didn’t help !

iPhone 13

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 11:55 PM

9 replies

Oct 11, 2024 6:56 AM in response to narayana257

To be sure the we are talking about the same thing: I go to an album or the library view and I pick a picture:

It opens, and I tap the trashcan:

and I get the warning I showed before:

If I hit Delete Photo, then the picture is removed from my Library and can be seen for 30 Days in the Recently Deleted View. The Recently Deleted View appears at the bottom of the the main window

above the choice to "Customize & Reorder."

In "Customize & Reorder," by the way, I can choose to change the order of the sections or eliminate them from the list.

Here, I've removed Utilities, so that no longer appears below "Media Types," or anywhere in the main window.

So, again, exactly how do you delete a picture from Photos? What would you do differently? Perhaps you could include screenshots so that I can see what's different…

“Recently deleted” photos file is missing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.