You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

FaceTime is unusable on iPad 10th gen after iOS 18 update.

FaceTime is unusable after updating to iOS 18, specifically on iPad (10th generation). Every time I am in a call, within 5 minutes I get an error saying "Unstable connection". Shortly after this error the call automatically hangs up.

Is anyone else facing this issue? If so, was there anything you did that fixes it?

iPad (10th generation)

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 7:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 12:07 PM

I have the same problem. There is an entire subreddit about this.

The problem is the center stage. When you disable it, everything is working fine.

[Edited by Moderator]

3 replies

Oct 12, 2024 5:05 PM in response to kenji_n

I'm having the same issues. I was on with apple tech for almost 2 hrs. No resolution was found other than sending me to the Apple store and suggesting I erase my iPad and reinstall, like that's an easy thing to do. It's not because half the time you end up losing something even after you've backed everything up. No I'm not willing to wipe and do a reinstall. I'll wait for the next update and use my phone until then... They were acting like it's the internet connection or my wifi. It's not. I made sure to go through the steps with my internet provider and everything is working well. Three only device that's NOT working on my internet/wifi is the iPad, since that 18.0 update.

FaceTime is unusable on iPad 10th gen after iOS 18 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.