You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPhone Calculator Numbers Not Clearing

I am using an iPhone 14 Pro with iOS v. 18.0.1

Whenever I open the calculator up it has retained the numbers I entered into it when I did my first calculation with this new iOS. Even if I completely clear it, repeatedly (lots of "ACs") when I am finished with a calculation, the next time I open it up those same numbers appear in the calculation field and they need to be cleared before I can begin my new calculation.

Anyone else experiencing this?? Wondering if it is a bug or if I am not doing something right.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 9:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 11:19 AM

OK, One of the denizens in the Lounge was able to replicate the problem and find a solution. lobsterghost1 reports:

I deleted the calculator app from my phone, then reinstalled it and the issue no longer exists. So, we can suggest to people who are having this issue to delete the app, then reinstall it.

27 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2024 11:19 AM in response to Arthur266

OK, One of the denizens in the Lounge was able to replicate the problem and find a solution. lobsterghost1 reports:

I deleted the calculator app from my phone, then reinstalled it and the issue no longer exists. So, we can suggest to people who are having this issue to delete the app, then reinstall it.

Oct 18, 2024 8:44 AM in response to mjfphoto

mjfphoto wrote:

Thank you, L. Finch. But, of course I hit "AC" before closing the app.

As you haven’t posted in this thread before I had no idea what troubleshooting you had already done, and I didn’t want to jump to conclusions.

This is a perplexing problem, because I don’t have it, my wife doesn’t have it, and, asking among other regular users of the forum so far none of them have experienced it either. I don’t doubt that it happens, but none of us have found any commonality among users who experience it.

Oct 18, 2024 9:03 AM in response to Arthur266

Hello~ Just out of curiosity being a regular user myself …I ran through several simple and complex calculations and can’t replicate the issue as well. Just to ask …have you performed a forced restart?

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

If no joy contact Apple and discuss your issue with them.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

~Katana-San~

iPhone Calculator Numbers Not Clearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.