You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Some Artists and Albums not listed in the Music App

I am running iTunes 12.8.3.1 on a mid 2010 iMac. I know these are older, but still hear me out. Until last week I had an iPhone XR that I regularly backed-up to iTunes on my local machine. No problems whatsoever. I did a final back-up and then went and purchased a iPhone 16 Plus, and brought it home, and restored from backup to get al my info, apps, files, etc... onto my new phone. I have done this process with each new phone and all seems to go well each time.

However, this time something strange happened. Several artists (that I own the physical CDs for and imported manually over the years) are not longer listed in the Music app in my library. They aren't under Artists or Albums, however the songs appear in the Songs list and the albums are listed under the composer name in the Composers list. So the songs and albums are on my iPhone.

I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of, making sure all the fields for the songs, albums, artists, composers are filled, resyncing, removing and reimporting the cd, resyncing again, making minor changes, resyncing, etc... Nothing seems to get the Artist nor the Albums back to their respective lists.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

iPhone 16 Plus, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 8:22 AM

1 reply

Some Artists and Albums not listed in the Music App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.