You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Is it possible to use a formula to predict age of people in future years?

I know that this formula will give me the age of people this year

DATEDIF($B$15,TODAY(),"Y")

But can it be adapted so that I can see how old they will be in 2025 or 2026 or 2027 etc???

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 5:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 1:46 PM

Sure - amend the 'to date' value. You can use the DATE() function to construct a date for any YYYY, MM, DD values.

For example:

=DATEDIF($B$15,DATE(2027,MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY())),"Y")

The DATE() command wants a Year, Month and Day value. Here I build a DATE() using hard-coded '2027', plus the month of TODAY(), plus the day of TODAY()

You can change the year to any year you like, or you can reference another cell for the input value.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 8, 2024 1:46 PM in response to the-bishop

Sure - amend the 'to date' value. You can use the DATE() function to construct a date for any YYYY, MM, DD values.

For example:

=DATEDIF($B$15,DATE(2027,MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY())),"Y")

The DATE() command wants a Year, Month and Day value. Here I build a DATE() using hard-coded '2027', plus the month of TODAY(), plus the day of TODAY()

You can change the year to any year you like, or you can reference another cell for the input value.

Oct 9, 2024 12:00 PM in response to the-bishop

You're welcome, and don't worry - spreadsheet formulas can be amazingly complex and, to my mind, the format used to enter them is just horrible, especially once you get past one or two nested functions.

The worse part is that they're hard to read with all the parentheses, commas etc. I think it dates back to the early days of spreadsheets (I'm looking at you, Lotus 1-2-3!) where there were only a few commands. Spreadsheets have gotten more competent/complex with more functions, but the interface hasn't kept up.

Anyway, rant over. Glad I could help :)

Is it possible to use a formula to predict age of people in future years?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.