You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Changing community name

Hi! I would like to change the name associated with my posts on the Apple Discussions forum. For a handful of reasons, my father stopped using Apple products for a while, and practically gave me this Apple ID account. I don't want to post under my father's display name, so I want to have my name on these forums changed to "44nifty", as that is my username on the vast majority of other websites. I cannot create a new Apple ID at this point, as I have been using this account for a while myself, and I don't believe there's a way to transfer purchases to a new account. Even so, that seems like a lot of effort for what would simply be a text box on most other websites. Again, I don't want to change the name of my iCloud email (#####@icloud.com), just the name that shows on my community posts. It feels wrong to post under someone else's name.

Windows, Windows 11 (22635)

Posted on Oct 7, 2024 2:30 PM

1 reply

Changing community name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.