You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Which MacBook Model Should I Buy For My School?

Hello, I'm in college right now. I am studying in a department called "aircraft engineering" in other countries and I am in my first year. I have a Windows computer that I'm using right now and it's about 10 years old. It still works, but I now want to buy a MacBook due to battery and some hardware issues. When I asked a few people studying in the department, they said that we don't use engineering programs, but since they are still 2nd grade, I still want to guarantee my job. Long story short, I'm looking for a computer to manage me in college (4-5 years). When I browsed Apple's website, I had the M3 MacBook Air with a 15-inch screen size, but if we use an engineering program, this device may cause problems. To Pro models, all too expensive, it seemed like I could opt for the 14-inch M3 MacBook Pro. The 16-inch is extremely large. I had the opportunity to experience all the devices in size in the Apple store. That's why I'm so undecided right now. They also say that computers with M4 processors will be released soon. When those computers come out, will the price of the M3 processor decrease, if it decreases, how much will it be estimated if it decreases? Which device would you recommend me? Thank you very much.

What I will use:

- Office Programs (Writing/editing reports etc.)

- Web Browser

- Game (very rare - CS Go)

- Engineering programs (UNCERTAIN)

- Microsoft Teams

- Zoom

- OBS (For record my meetings)

Posted on Oct 7, 2024 9:11 AM

1 reply

Which MacBook Model Should I Buy For My School?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.