You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Downloading Keynote presentation to iPhone or iPad?

I have a Keynote presentation that I have developed on my iMac. I have put it on a thumb drive and want to download it to my iPhone and iPad. Trying first on iPhone. thumb drive has compatible plug (inserts properly), but it is not recognized on my iPhone. Searched Settings... see no reference to drive there or anywhere else. Can I do this? How?

Thanks

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 7, 2024 8:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 12:13 PM

The iCloud solution will work for any device logged into the same iCloud account.

That means if you're aaa@icloud.com and she's bbb@icloud.com, then she won't automatically be able to see your content.

In that case, the easiest solution is to Share the presentation with her - on your Mac, just click the Share icon in the toolbar and enter her address. Now it will be available to her on her iPad and any edits there will automatically reflect back on the Mac.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2024 12:13 PM in response to PaulD_

The iCloud solution will work for any device logged into the same iCloud account.

That means if you're aaa@icloud.com and she's bbb@icloud.com, then she won't automatically be able to see your content.

In that case, the easiest solution is to Share the presentation with her - on your Mac, just click the Share icon in the toolbar and enter her address. Now it will be available to her on her iPad and any edits there will automatically reflect back on the Mac.

Oct 7, 2024 7:29 PM in response to PaulD_

By far the easiest way is via iCloud.

Assuming both the Mac and the iPad are connected to the same iCloud account, just drop the file in your iCloud Drive folder (Finder -> Go -> iCloud Drive).

Then you can use the Files App on the iPad to sync the file and play it back. Any changes made on either device are automatically synched back to the other.

Downloading Keynote presentation to iPhone or iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.