You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iCloud app for Windows causes File Explorer to not refresh and hangs up Windows Restart.

Hey, this is a duplicate of the closed discussion here:

iCloud app for Windows causes File Explor… - Apple Community

The issue still very much persist, and I'd like to clarify the problem.

Right after installing the iCloud for Windows application, everything works as intended as first.

After a couple of days the issues occur.

(I know that because I've reseted my whole windows PC and noticed that afterwards everything worked for a couple of days)

The issues:

1. File explorer seems to not recognize file changes as supposed anymore. When I delete or rename a file, the changes are not shown until I press F5 or refresh manually. When try to delete the same file "again", I get an error that the file doesn't exist (which is true, since it's been deleted, but file explorer didn't notice).
  2. The windows PC can't shutdown or restart anymore, when it's not in admin mode. When I try to shutdown the PC, it gets stuck on the "shutting down" screen. The windows loading dots are spinning, but the screen will never turn dark and the PC just stays in this mode.

This sounds like a windows issue, and I was trying to troubleshoot for sooo long, until by accident I found this old post in the apple community. Why has it been closed? This is still an issue, and it was so hard to figure out that it was caused by an apple application.

After deinstalling the iCloud app, the issues were gone.

After reinstalling the iCloud app, the issues started again after a couple of days.

Windows, Windows 10 (19045)

Posted on Oct 6, 2024 8:35 AM

There are no replies.

iCloud app for Windows causes File Explorer to not refresh and hangs up Windows Restart.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.