You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

resizing a FCP transition

Hi there, I have an unusual dimension for a video that is going in a web site header. I dropped a light leak transition in to the time line (here the pinkish overlay) but noticed my transition doesn't cover the whole frame.

See here:

How do I resize the transition to cover the frame correctly? Can anybody please advise me? Thank you.

Posted on Oct 6, 2024 7:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2024 10:14 AM

It looks like your project aspect ratio is approximately 3.75:1 and the transition is 16:9. There are very few "overlay" transitions that will work in your project.

I can tell you that most templates are made for 16:9 and 4:3 (and/or 5:3). Apple threw in some that have 2:1 capability. Some makers think to add a 9:16 (vertical) and 1:1 square variations. These are usually done in Motion by using "Snapshots". Unless you know how to handle Motion at this level, you should probably contact the maker and request a version that will handle your project aspect ratio.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 6, 2024 10:14 AM in response to Andy_1970s

It looks like your project aspect ratio is approximately 3.75:1 and the transition is 16:9. There are very few "overlay" transitions that will work in your project.

I can tell you that most templates are made for 16:9 and 4:3 (and/or 5:3). Apple threw in some that have 2:1 capability. Some makers think to add a 9:16 (vertical) and 1:1 square variations. These are usually done in Motion by using "Snapshots". Unless you know how to handle Motion at this level, you should probably contact the maker and request a version that will handle your project aspect ratio.

resizing a FCP transition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.