You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to create an overview in Numbers of my External drives

Good afternoon,

I am trying to create an overview in Numbers of my External drives.

I want to create a reference in a cell to another tab. How do I do that?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 6, 2024 6:55 AM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2024 6:26 AM in response to Camelot

Hi Camelot,

Sorry if I'm not clear enough.

I am working on making an overview of my external drives, mainly containing photos.

What I want to see is the following.

I have an overview of the drives with the specifications in 1 table.

I want to ensure that when I click on the disk in question, I see the contents of the disk as a kind of pop-up.

The contents should look just like they do in Finder with the folder structure.

The goal is to prevent too many duplicate photos from being stored.

In the appendix an overview of the drives

And An example of the contents of a disk

Thank you for your time and energy.

and an outline of what the contents of the drive could look like, the folder structure

I hope you now understand what I am trying to achieve.

Oct 6, 2024 12:35 PM in response to Treinenfotograaf

I suspect there's more to what you're asking, but cell references are pretty straightforward... for any given cell, to reference another cell on the same table, just use it's coordinates.

e.g. Cell A1:

=B2

this references the cell B2 on the same table.

If you want to reference a cell on a different table on the same sheet, preface it with the table name:

=Data Table::B2

this will reference cell B2 in the table labelled 'Data Table'.

One cool thing is that if there is only one 'Data Table' on all the sheets in the document, Numbers will find it.

If you haven't named your tables, you likely have multiple 'Table 1', 'Table 2', etc., so in this case, to get the one you want you can preface it with the sheet name:

=Sheet 2::Table 3::B4

will get cell B4 on Table 3 on Sheet 2 (you can substitute actual sheet and/or table names if you've labelled them.

In addition, rather than typing it all out, select the cell on your main table and type '=', then you can change to the sheet you want and click the cell you want to reference, and Numbers will fill in the details.

How to create an overview in Numbers of my External drives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.