You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Questionable adds on iPhone through games

I've been playing a lot of games on the iPhone lately trying to make some extra money. (Spoiler alert: most of them are scams or illegal in the state where I live but there are some that do pay money. Anyway...) I've come across the same ad for many different game names. The ad is the same on all the ads, just the name of the game changes. Which is one way to know the game is a scam. Anyway... Then there are lot of ads about people stealing (either money or phones) and then getting rewarded by the person they stole from usually by getting a link to a game to make them money. I'm not sure what type of message these game companies are trying to send, but it looks to me like they are saying you're going to be rewarded for stealing and/or conning someone. Then there is a recent ad that I saw that would probably go over the heads of 2 year olds, but anyone else would get the sexual innuendo of the ad. Does anyone check these ads to see if they are appropriate? I'm not even going to get into the whole scam games on the iPhone. If you're too stupid to spot them, then that's your problem. On the other hand, there should also be some regulation of the games that are listed to make sure they are illegal everywhere. And now my rant is over and no one will probably ever see this or do anything about the problem, but at least I said something

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 5, 2024 8:11 PM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2024 7:59 PM in response to Jokara1950

Hi Jokara1950

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: Questionable adds on iPhone through games

Thank you for your post to the community, and for sharing your games-experience here.

You may be aware that, starting with: Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions ... there are ways available to limit access to, or block adult or explicit content on Apple devices.

Eg: Non-Apple online article: https://www.cultofmac.com/how-to/block-websites-on-iphone-explicit-adult-content

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: there should also be some regulation of the games that are listed to make sure they are illegal everywhere.

You may want to send feedback to reach those who work behind-the-scenes at Apple. They will likely not reply, yet your feedback will be read and logged by those who can make changes if they also receive similar feedback or requests from others. Webpage for: Product Feedback - Apple

All the best :-)

Oct 6, 2024 8:05 PM in response to Jokara1950

You can also write a review for the app in the App Store. Those ads are usually provided from Ad Service companies and you may be able to identify the name in one of the corners of those ads. The most common Ad Service companies are owned by Google and Meta, where you can also file a complaint. Apple does not provide any Ad services to developers of the apps.

Questionable adds on iPhone through games

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.