You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Setting up iPhone Mirroring with Replacement Phone

Yesterday I upgraded from an iPhone 12 to 16. I had already setup the 12 for iPhone Mirroring on my Mac. I no longer have the old phone (12). My Mac is still trying to use it for Mirroring. How do I switch iPhone Mirroring to my new phone?

Most support article instruct you to:

Settings > Desktop & Dock > Widgets etc - and choose the phone I want to use. But that seems to only work if I had both phones.

Other articles say to use the iPhone Mirror add to 'Reset iPhone Access' but again seems to only work if I still had the old phone.

Posted on Oct 5, 2024 6:01 PM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2024 10:01 AM in response to leiman

I have something similar, the only difference is that I still have my other phone. Both iPhones show up in the "Desktop & Doc" system settings. I choose the new iPhone (after changing the name as I transferred all the data from the old phone, and they were both named the same.) But I only get an error message when trying to click on the iPhone mirroring in the dock.

Setting up iPhone Mirroring with Replacement Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.