You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Security Threats Detected

I received a text message saying "We are forced to lock your phone soon, someone is attemptibg to access your device! Scan your system and protect it NOW. Click here

cb09s8w.mkoxvv.online

When I click on that site this comes up;

28 Security threats issued. Immediate action is required to avoid data leakage, network spoofing, phishing attacks, spyware and improper session handling. Tap the button to subscribe the anti virus protection service on the next page for only $3.99 and activate it to remove all the security threats immediately.

Then goes onto (supposedly) scanning my phone for malware & viruses, issues found and Privace leakage, issues found

I'm pretty sure this is BS but I don't know how to stop getting these annoying messages And I want to be 100% sure they are fake

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 5, 2024 11:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2024 11:13 AM

The message is a scam attempt. Do not interact with the message or the sender.

3 replies

Oct 20, 2024 5:59 PM in response to Imanimarie22

It is an advertisement.

The advertiser lied, too.

Remote websites cannot scan your device.

Browsers inherently block that access.

Malware scans are fundamentally deeply intrusive. If that malware scan could happen, the scammers would simply collect all of your data and payment information directly. Without bothering with all the subterfuge and misdirection needed here.

These advertisers are usually selling some unnecessary or variously problematic VPN app that badly solves a problem that hasn’t existed for a decade or so, but badly solves that non-problem in a way that makes collecting and reselling your personally-identified metadata easy.

One look at that looks-more-like-a-random-password website name should make this whole thing seem sketchy, too.

Security Threats Detected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.