You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

dvd burning software

Can anyone recommend software for creating/burning a video dvd on a mac? I'm trying to burn some old mp4 home movies to dvds but the recommended software (Burn by SourceForge) doesn't play well. It converts the files (currently about 1.gGB) to mpg format (5.6GB) which is too large for my single-layer dvds. iMovie no longer supports iDVD. Any suggestions?

Posted on Oct 5, 2024 9:19 AM

5 replies

Oct 5, 2024 3:06 PM in response to Rich839

Adding to my previous response, you might look into DVD Creator by Peng Guiping. I believe it is available on the Apple online app store.

Also, check out this thread for a good discussion of recommendations for a DVD authoring program to replace iDVD. Pay particular attention to the posts by Batman-15.

iDVD replacement software Recommednations - Apple Community

Roxio Toast is another DVD authoring program that some on this forum have used.

I doubt that you will find any DVD authoring program as good as the now continued iDVD.

-- Rich

Oct 5, 2024 9:52 AM in response to jnjthomas2

Hi,

I would try the burn anyway and see if it fits. The running time of the video is more important than the size when burning a video DVD. The DVD authoring program should be able to compress a two hour or less video to fit on a single layer DVD. So, for example, if the video is 10 GB but the running time is less than two hours, the authoring program would compress it to fit on a standard single layer 4.7 GB DVD.

-- Rich

dvd burning software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.