You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Big Sur update

Have recently upgraded to a Mac Studio Ultra, but continue to work with an iMac alongside it. The iMac is presently using Catalina, but I would like to update that to Big Sur. When signed into the App Store with either Safari or Firefox, the down load is not working. I click on the get button, the dialogue opens up, "Finding the update", the blue line scrolls across, then nothing happens for the next 60 mins, until I try again.

with the same result.

Can someone kindly suggest a working method/

regartds

Simon

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 5, 2024 5:03 AM

5 replies

Oct 5, 2024 9:53 AM in response to dialabrain

Thank you for your earlier help, it was much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I am not the most tech savvy of people and have only had limited success.

I tried the text you suggested in the Terminal and it ran but, despite waiting for some time, no download seemed to take place. Tried some possibilities suggested on OSXdailey, again without noticeable results. after various attempts I paused and tried to sort out my Intuos4. Had to go into the Timemachine to do that but, to my surprise, when opening up at the restart,

An update to OSX Monteray was available ( It wasn't before).

If I install that, is it likely to give me the chance to upgrade to Big Sur?

That would be a long winded process but worth it if it gets there !

Its on a late 2015 Imac, 8gb Ram, currently running Catalina 10:15:7

Thank you for your help

regards

simon

Big Sur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.