You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Burn to Disc command has disappeared after upgrading to OS 15

Since migrating from PC to Apple some 20 years ago, I always considered Apple to have its customers in mind when coming out with an OS upgrade. I was very disappointed to see the capacity to burn to disc disappear after I upgraded to OS 15. Granted, less and less people burn data on disc. There are, however, those of us who maintain client records, tax returns, and the like on DVDs. Third-party providers, such as BURN, are cumbersome and lack the ease to burn to disc Apple used to provide. I would be willing to roll my iMac back to the previous OS, but that is close to impossible. I wish Apple were to bring back this very useful and sorely missed feature

iMac 27″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 4, 2024 12:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2024 1:12 PM

Apple has not removed the option. It should show up in the Finder's File menu after you have dragged files into a blank CD or DVD in your optical drive.

click here ➜ Store information on CD and DVD discs on Mac (macOS Sequoia) - Apple Support

3 replies

Oct 21, 2024 12:38 PM in response to ilias279

This doesn't help. I've downloaded dozens if not hundreds of image.iso files from various Torrents and now I can't burn them to disc because it doesn't work on Sequoia whereas I had no problems on Sonoma. Even official discs downloaded from Microsoft such as Windows 10/11 and Office .iso files now can't be burnt. The only answer is to burn the literal .image.iso file to a blank double layer DVD and mount it on explorer in windows then click on setup.exe etc but this is very unsatisfactory. Why change things from Sonoma????

Burn to Disc command has disappeared after upgrading to OS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.